Re: [CH] Grits!

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@value.net.nz)
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:48:07 +1300

Hi All

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Silbajoris" <asilbajo@hotmail.com>
!

> I got no hits when I entered "koshalena" into yahoo.  It's ham hocks and
> trotters, boiled and then chilled to gel.  Another one of these Lithuanian
> foods that goes with vodka, salt, and dark bread.  And, of course, pepper,
> in my own opinion.  Mom thinks that's disgusting.

I like the sound of that :-)

Strange to see Grits and porridge being discussed. Unfortunately I finished
up in hospital last week (again)
following a mild heart attack. I was comparing hospital breakfast porridge
with the  grits I was served in Alabama hospital last year. As the hospital
porridge is not to much like the nice stuff I make for myself every morning
at home.
I suspect the same can be said for the not very exciting first taste of
grits :-)

On topic, I had put a heap of seedling Chile plants out on the deck for the
day to help harden off. After I was carted off to hospital in an ambulance
they are looking a bit sad after a week of cold windy weather. They will be
tough plants if they manage to survive.

Luke I hope all is well. I will write when I get a chance

Tony Flynn
Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand