Re: [CH] Hungarian Beef Gulyas

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:16:03 -0600

At 08:45 AM 10/29/2002 -0600, green wrote:
>I've no idea where I got this recipe; I've been making it for 30 years...
>Note:  I long ago quit measuring, and just follow the recipe for
>ingredients...
>
>*Hungarian Beef Gulyas*
>
>1 lb small what onions, peeled (NOT pearl onions!  For a real kick sub with
>1 lb hamburger onions sometime!  WOW!)

Couple questions -- "1 lb small what onions"  -- didja mean WHITE yon-yons?

"1 lb hamburger onions " -- Whatsis? What other name/description would I
know them by?

And chuck roast will work well in this, too. Very well.  <GGG>

I do the bell peppers when I make gulyas since I like a bit of the kerosene
flavour they give. But, I do a mix of green, red and yellow capsicums for
the colour as well as the taste.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!