Re: [CH] Kure Na Paprice (Chicken Paprika)

Jesse [CH1200] G. (CH1200@attbi.com)
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:09:35 -0600

Greetings, CHs -
green wrote:
(SNIP)

> Where's your sense of humor? And no, I don't mean THAT literally either!
>
> Mea culpa.  I really do have a sense o'humor, I yust didn't quite catch the
> gist o'your note.

<kibitzing>
Yes, puhleeeEEEEeeease apply liberal doses of vowels, or smilies =^] or
not-so-obscure acronyms or pseudo-html to indicate sarcasm, etc. FWIW.
</kibitzing>

> I'd use some o'my beloved stock o'chipotles, but...
> think would give too much an Hispanic taste...  Still, may be worth a go.

¡Ay caray!
Oh, no green, now you've gone and pushed one of my bilingual buttons!

<Cliff Claven>
Permission granted (by this here 1/2 Mexican) to use the term MEXICAN
instead of Hispanic here. =^]  Chipotles come to us CHs by way of
Mexico, not Hispania, as do tortillas and jalapeños and tamales.
Saffron is Spanish, Arrivivi Gusano is Bolivian, gauchos from Argentina,
rum from Cuba/Puerto Rico/Jamaica/etc., bossa nova from Brasil ...

"Hispanic," especially when capitalized, is little more than a U.S.
Federal Gov. ("guv'mint"?) term to refer to US residents who came from,
or have roots in, Latin America and presumably speak Spanish. (My
personal apologies to Brazilians and other Latin Americans who do not
speak Spanish for being lumped in to this category.)  It describes
people, primarily, maybe a little bit of customs, and little else (i.e.
not food, dnaces, beverages, etc.).  The word in lower case describes
people and customs, etc. of Spain and / or its former colonies.  The
last time I checked, anyway.
</Cliff Claven>
Fellow hispanics, please e- me off list if you're so inclined and I can
summarize a hispanic CH manifesto.  Okay, maybe not.

BTW, I caught the obscure reference to a Lucy Lawless poster from a few
months back, encouraging moms to breast-feed their infants:
 > Cast not aspersions upon the Czechs.  I hated both 'kraut and
 > caraway until I did my ribs...  Now I can even enjoy pump-her-nipple
 > bread!

And now for something completely more On-Topic:
- It's been cold, but no frost yet here, 300km NNW of The Open Fields.
But like San Jim posted, it may SNOW on Halloween=Thursday.  Time to
clear the over-wintering area in the basement.
- The hab plant dropped leaves quicker than an ash or maple tree.  I
hope it and the others recover under the purple lights.
- I picked a BIG cup of the last Fatali's.  Decisions, decisions. I've
already made a batch of pseudo "Inner Beauty."  A sneaky, rascally
mustard sauce if I ever made one. And I only used 7 red habs, not 12.
- The M-I-L took the cup o' piri-piri's and vinegarized 'em before I got
a chance to try the piri-piri recipes posted here recently. Oh well.
- Excellent Open Fields CD!  Thanks to  Russ/Dewi/the
Wisconsinites/Lithiuanian-Americans/willing&unwitting photo subjects.
And the IrfanView program with its slideshow setting ROCKS.  Gracias,
Señor Hobby Farmer for the tip.
- WHERE CAN I GET MEDUSA PLANTS/SEEDS? =^]  Bring 'em to Madison IN '03!

Hasta la lista,

Jesse G.
CH#1200