RE: [CH] Hungarian Goulash #5

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:21:26 -0600

At 08:49 PM 10/30/2002 +0100, audiot@gmxpro.net wrote:
>On 29 Oct 2002, at 16:35, Alex Silbajoris wrote:
>
> > Wiener schnitzel's Austrian or German.
>Austrian, please. ;-)
>
> > Kindly pass the sauerbraten, Herman.
>Is that known in the US? (Sauerbraten, not Herman.) Me thinks it's addictive.

Oh, yes... I do it both with beef and with venison - which is magnificent.
Also rabbit treated in the same manner (hassenpfeffer???). Served mit
spatzele and some turnips. I almost always use some ground chile (ripe
serrano, mostly) in the marinade to kick it up a minor notch... and to make
the gravy tasty.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!