Re: [CH] Hungarian Goulash #5

Mark McHugh (mt_mchugh@internet-stat.net)
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:23:58 -0600

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> >From: Mark McHugh <mt_mchugh@internet-stat.net>
>
> >Gotta remember, the Germans make up one of the largest immigrant
> >groups in the US.
>
> I'm in the Great Lakes area, and there are plenty of them here (look up
> German Village in Columbus, Ohio).  They also influence the culture of Texas
> - look up the origins of conjunto music.  There is also some evidence of
> Germans in Wisconsin, but that may only be rumor...

Ja, I lived in San Antonio for a while and traveled to New Braunfels
for their German fest, the name of which escapes me.

As for Germans in Wisconsin...I have pictures!

Sitting here thinking of Germans and chiles, I can't recall any hot
peppers included in any of the meals I had in Germany.  Any of you
D-land natives out there know of any?

> Im kuhlshrank immer frisch,
>
> - A

Es ist auch kalt im Kühlschrank. ;)