Re: [CH] Fresh Sausage

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:53:05 -0800

Nels Peterson family wrote:

> Greetings
>
> We got our pork today -- son number 2 came home from college for the evening
> and we made sausage.  10# of meat per batch.  Thanks to everyone that
> provided chorizo recipes -- I sorta 'bastardized' what you gave me to make
> my own.

I notice you mention curing salt.  Fresh sausage doesn't usually
require the use of curing salt, though I have seen recipes that
include it mainly to keep the fresh "pink" color.  I'll assume
the curing salt you used was something like Mortons Tender Quick
and not Prague #1, 'cause 5 T of Prague per 10 pounds of ground
meat would be a WHOLE lot of sodium nitrite.

--
"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those
who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/