Re: [CH] tofu

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:45:23 -0500

>It has one
> really great attribute, in that it takes on the flavour(MY sp!)of
> whatever is cooked with it, and if that is a chile pepper(all bow down,
> in reverance!)it will make that tofu dish simply magnificent.

OK, I know there are exceptions, but why would I want to cook something that
has a reputation of "tasting like snot" to taste like something else I'm
cooking. I 'm up late putting the final touches on some chicken soup that's
heavily laced with all the left over parts that they stuff into the cavities
of the birds.....so I want to make tofu taste like chicken liver?

All you nutcases need to tell me why I just don't eat the livers, I know
they have an acquired taste to some, but at least I'm eating chicken livers!

Paul
By the way, I use the word "nutcases" in a most reverend way. I think all of
you who like tofu are very smart in the fact it's healthy. I do not mean to
start a spittin' war over tofu. I love my fellow Chile-Heads. I'm still
waiting for the recipe from Rael. Did that relieve me of flames?