Re: [CH] tofu

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:50:51 -0600

At 05:59 PM 11/18/2002 -0500, The NorthEast ChileMan wrote:
>Sorry, your absolutely right. The correct quote was " The only
>accurate description I know of is, "It's like a mouth
>full of snot"."
>    Now I have eaten cottage cheese & do not mind it's texture, can tofu's
>texture be compared to it? I've led a sheltered life & have never eaten okra
>& would not know of it's texture (oops, another thread opened).

The extra firm tofu might have as much "tooth" as small curd, non-creamed
cottage cheese. But, it's not the same thing. Tofu is best not held in the
mouth for prolonged chewing -- which is why it doesn _NOT_ make successful
jerky. I've never been able to make tofu squeak when I chomp it... a thing
I can sometimes accomplish with cottage cheese. ... but, I only mentioned
cottage cheese because it would be as unsuccessful as a basis for jerky as
is tofu. Not because the taste, texture, structure or political correctness
of the two are in any other way analogous.  <GGG>

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!