[CH] Re: tofu revisited

Starwind (starwindevensong@attbi.com)
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:09:42 -0500

Rael wrote:

> If you do make a dessert w/tofu, though, you MUST drain/press it.  Big
> difference between just cooking it up and baking with it.  Like, 1/4
> cup of liquid per 12 ounces difference (that's huge, trust me).

For an incredibly delicious tofu dessert which will fool everyone, try Alton
Brown's Mooless Chocolate Pie made with a big ole hunk o' tofu, chocolate
chips, kahlua, vanilla and honey in a chocolate crumb crust. Top with a
little (or a lot!) of homemade whipped cream and it's one incredible
chocolate pie.

Starwind
--
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will
eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the