Re: [CH] Chile fermentation? V8 #614

MachineGun (rael64@qwest.net)
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:48:17 -0700

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 09:15  AM, Cameron Begg wrote:

> Hi C-H's,
>
> At 10:43 AM -0500 11/21/02, jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
>> As Cameron points out, most of those commercial sauces are essentially
>> 'flavored vinegars'
>
> And worse still it is usually not fermented vinegar as you might have
> expected. Nope, cheaper living through chemistry! There are about 5
> ways currently used for the manufacture of glacial acetic acid: the
> oxidation of acetaldehyde, oxidation of naphtha, oxidation of
> n-butane, two-step (esterification and oxicracking) process from
> n-butene, and carbonylation of methanol with carbon monoxide. This
> stuff, diluted to 5% by volume, is what they are allowed to call
> "vinegar".
> --
> ---

Hence, my belief that such slop is good for only one thing: pouring
down fire ant holes.

<burn, baby, burn...disco inferno!>

Hence-two, my carrying around enough ground chiles to assumedly get
arrested as a terrorist (but, like, what canNOT get one arrested as a
"terrorist" these days??)

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...OS upgrade wiped my Eudora files, thus my Monty Python
sigs...sniff..sniff..."64
Monk of the TCS
Master of Twister
Mystic Order of Casicum Rogues, no. 14