Re: [CH] Tofu, Blood and Chile

Hobby Farmer (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:19:00 -0500

Jose Cisneros wrote:

> Does anyone remember having animals that were raised
> for slaughter?  I mean at home.

Don't have to remember - the back yard is full of them now.

> At the time in that place one could buy a live kid or
> raise one, (a young goat that had just been weaned), Have
> it slaughtered.  All of it was yours including the blood.
> The butcher would save it for you.  Nothing was wasted.

No goats at the moment, but I do have a couple of lambs at
about 40 lbs ready to go.  Better than goat IMHO.

AND, Jose, since you only live about 50 miles South of me,
one of these fine critters could be yours, live or otherwise,
to use as you wished (no knuckle dragging...).  There is even
a batch of Haggis on the hoof included - get the receipe from
Cameron.

Hobby Farmer