Re: [CH] My apologies

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:51:19 -0500

Starwind, et. all,
  I recently sent an E-Mail to Cameron for apologizing to the list for the
http://www.rael.org/ thread & an sending one to you, Starwind. Quoting L.B.,
"IMHO" there are no bad threads. Everyone has opinions on what's good or
bad. Quoting my recently departed dad, "Opionons are like bung holes, they
all stink but mine!" (Send flames to Elmwood Cemetary, Route 110, Plot 2275,
Methuen, MA 01844 (Sorry, no E-Mail addy.)
   Now I'd like to "show" the opions of subscribers:
_________________________________________________-
I was simply amazed at the vehement intolerance expressed for one
sub-culture (the mac users in the group) by some of the members of this
particular sub-culture (the chile-heads). Look people... we're ALL
chile heads no matter what race, religion or computer platform. Don't
we get slammed enough in public for our chile obsession? You would
think that'd make everyone a little more tolerant of others choices in
life. BUT, It's not like this behavior is limited to the chile-heads,
though.
   You should have SEEN the crap I took for mentioning heatless peppers once
a long, long time ago. THAT little turd-flinging-festival convinced me to
write off the entire list server
   It's just like any other list server... don't feed the trolls and ignore
the small minded comments and you'll be ok.
Perhaps the fact that your anti-Mac posts were mean and evocative had
something to do with it?
Everything goes to shit, er, sheeeeeet, occassionally when topics come up
that are, typically, OT, and people have heated o-pines about the TOT (topic
off topic...cute, eh?),
Ok, fine, have your own opinions, as Luddite as they may be...
Au contraire, Macs can do anything a Windows-based machine can do do,
usually with a lot fewer errors, crashes and system issues
Macs cost more than PCs? ---  BMWs cost more than Saturns.  Same argument.
Same reasons. (Let's not get into *these* opinions, I've been in the
automotive buisness since grammar school.)
& lastly the 3 culprits that started the thread (which by the way started
with a post from me about San Fran Bay area :

Nice article.....hope you went to the end to see that it was made on a
Mac! ;-)Doug

You really gotta admit, those Macs can handle straight text amazingly
well...

Straight text? Looks crooked to me if you've compared the price of a MAC to
IBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An innocent exchange that seems to have spirald out of control with
everyone's opinion on whether Bill Gate's or that "other platform" will be
dominant in the years to come (My opinion of course! Beta or VHS? VHS or
DVD? DVD or ???? Send flames for this opinion to
thenortheastchileman@attbi.com  ) & it seems 1 of the original posters can't
keep his opinions to himself: Anyway, as George so aptly put it, the beamer
bunch are snobs as well, but we have a better reason, our computers will be
still going strong while most PCs are relegated to the dump! Send flames for
this 1 to dougandmariedotkannyda (balding(;>)).

On topic as always 'cause I don't want the real *list cop* to send me
somethin'. RisaG is the "contributor" for this "sauce". I've been
xperimentin with variations & yours was the 2nd variation of the main
ingrigents. The origonal was the JohnT named "Lip Buzzin Hab Sauce":

I got this recipe from Red Hot Peppers by Jean Andrews. Simple to do. Smells
up the kitchen with the hot vinegar. My DS had to run upstairs to get away
from the fumes. It was really smelly but it looks like the real thing once
it is done.

I am going to wait about a month or so to open my bottle of it.

@@@@@
Homemade "Tabasco" Sauce

Jean Andrews

12 Tabasco chiles, * I used cayenne
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/2 cup herbed chili vinegar, ** I used apple cider
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

In a small nonreactive saucepan (I used Visions by Corningware), boil the
chiles and garlic in the vinegar until tender. Place in a blender with the
salt and sugar and puree. Run through a metal sieve if necessary. Dilute
this paste with more vinegar until it is the consistency of rich cream. Pour
into a nonreactive saucepan, bring to a boil, then pour into a hot,
sterilized bottle to within 1/2 inch of the rim and run a sterlizied knife
around the inside of the bottle to release air bubbles. Wipe the rim clean
and seal with a scalded top. Store in the refrigerator after opening.

RisaG

Of course I used Habs and found because of the double cooking, the heat
level is just right for me. I also 10 min. process in boiling water so I can
store.

Which I tried to improve on by adding fresh squeezed lemons & limes (3 each,
second variation) which led to the sauce I sent you.

Homemade "Hab & Citrus (Tabasco)" Sauce (3rd vaiation)

Rinds from 3 juiced lemon & lime
12 Habs
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/2 cup herbed chili vinegar, ** I used apple cider
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

In a small nonreactive saucepan (I used Visions by Corningware), boil the
chiles and garlic (& rinds) in the vinegar until tender. Place in a blender
with the salt and sugar and puree. Run through a metal sieve if necessary (I
leave out this step). Dilute this paste with more vinegar until it is the
consistency of rich cream. Pour into a nonreactive saucepan, bring to a
boil, then pour into a hot, sterilized bottle to within 1/2 inch of the rim
and run a sterlizied knife around the inside of the bottle to release air
bubbles. Wipe the rim clean and seal with a scalded top. Store in the
refrigerator after opening.
  (I process in hot water for 15 minutes for longer storage). Good stuff
huh, Starwind? I love it on seafood.

>> I rather think of Macs as
>> the Chateau Lafitte-Rothchild of computing, and PCs as Ripple.
>
> Oh you poor thing- you don't know much about wine either, do you? Should
> you actually choose to waste your money on a bottle of Chateau
> Lafitte-Rothchild, I recommend mixing it with a little Sprite to give it
> some character. Then you can hold your nose high in the air, drive your
> Lexus to the video store and, complain that you can't find "Sleepless In
> Seattle" on betamax...

Actually, dear, I wouldn't ruin the wine with Sprite, but if that's to your
taste, go for it. As to vehicles, I drive a 11 year old Jeep -- and yeah, I
can troubleshoot problems with that, too.

Did you want a copy of Sleepless? I don't own it, but I'm sure Blockbuster
can help you out though I think betamax went out with DOS.

Funny, I used to think this list was a great place to hang out.

Starwind

Once again, opinions. My wife & the love of my life likes White Zinfendel
with tonic water as opposed to soda water & you should see the looks I get
when I order it at a function or restarunt. You might think I desecrated a
master at the Louve or whatever that artsy place those BEEMERS know all
about (OOOPPPSS, once again, flames from the French or German people or
desendants thereof, see above E-Mail addy.

So I go to send this masterpice (my opinion of course) & I find *another*
opinion: This may be "OT" but I just wanted to chime in ...
By OT do you mean "On Topic" of "Off Topic"?

It's very late & I'm very tired,
Paul
Last "quote", I promise.......

Hey, y'all all have a good day now and a great Christmas as well

Eddie Thompson
retired and layin' on his ass
on the Texas gulf coast..................

Weatherman promised single digits up here in the Northeast, Merry Christmas
to you Eddie (you lucky SOB!).

Just turned off spell checker

.