[CH] Solitary Bliss, desert ramblings

kuhlwlf (kuhlwlf@santafesurf.com)
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:40:57 -0700

--=======4A4DDB=======

I am looking for a rental house here in or near Santa Fe.
So, Mom and Dad, when you head south are you taking your bus?
Just trying to explore some options now, if you were to take the bus and we
were to rent a U-Haul trailer, could you pull it?  If that is possible do
you know how much it would cost to haul?   Mike is busy packing and
cleaning now.  We are not going to be able to bring all of our stuff down
now, and don't really want to since we will be renting for some time
anyway.  But we do want to bring most of our furniture, couch, beds,
shelves, fishtanks, gardening stuff, and freezer.  Jjust brainstorming now.

I am asking Mike to start looking around for some help to move our
stuff.  Maybe Mike Moffat?  Or Matt?  What is the possibility for someone
with a truck to take an expense-paid trip to and from (or from and to)
Montana and New Mexico, with a truckload of stuff and a dog companion,
perhaps as part of a small convoy?   Would Tim, Teri, Dillon or somebody's
brother-in-law be interested in taking a trip?   Just looking for creative
ideas here.  Mike, can you call Mike and Matt and anyone else you can think
of?  Hey brother Chris, time to take a road-trip?

Georganne, Reg, Char, Anne, any ideas for us?  Know anyone who wants to
make a trip to Glacier Park or Yellowstone? Or come to visit Santa Fe and
the museums and good food, Indian Pueblos, ruins, and the desert?

Most of our personal stuff can be packed in boxes and stored and/or shipped
or transported by car as we have time.

The furniture, though, is going to need a trailer or trucks.

Outdoor benches, wheelbarrow, gas grill, fencing materials, tools,
lawnmower, weed whacker, our bed, bunk-beds, freezer, 4 dressers,
entertainment center, 2 desks, 4-5 shelving units, couch, big chair, table
and chairs, office chair, 4 bicycles, 2 big aquariums, what else?  Lots of
stuff, I know.  Much can wait to come down, but there's not much room in
our storage shed.   Mike will be working on getting a lot of stuff in there
cleaned out, but all of the books and tools have to stay.  Someday I will
have a place where I can have my books.  Ahh well, off topic there, they
don't need to moved at this time, but our furniture does.  And the
animals.  They are not a disposable item.

The sun is shining so beautifully here and my coat has stayed in the car
the entire last week.
When I leave work near 6 pm, I drive past the local Sonic drive in and find
it extremely beautiful that the orange neon strip that runs the length of
the drive-in canopy is the exact color of the horizon, fire-color which
fades to peach, pink, blue, aqua, blue, purple, indigo, then midnight blue
into black.  What a profound juxtaposition!    The sky is so good for my
soul, the clear sky in the daytime makes everything fine.   I remember how
difficult it was at first in Polson area to get used to the grey cloudy
days all the time, but that was when things were hopeful there, it was
manageable.   Now it seems imperative to have some sunshine regularly, and
that is what we will have here.   Driving to Albuquerque and back has been
so enjoyable, in the sunshine and open spaces of the desert.   And I know
we are in the desert here, but I do believe that with compost and soil
amendment, and heavy mulch and drip watering, we will be able to grow
incredible flowers and vegetables.   I foresee that this summer Mike and I
will be outside in the sun, under our hats, with our hands in the dirt,
doing what we love to do best in the evenings and on weekends, playing in
the dirt, listening to music, tracking the stars.   We will grow all
different colors of peppers and tomatoes, and herbs, and flowers, and
cactus and succulents with blossoms that will be so sweet.  Once again, we
will have too many squash to eat, and we do intend to still have some hens,
only they will be fewer now, probably only a few of the gentle silkies with
their beautiful 'dos and docile ways, and just enough eggs for us to
eat.   I want to taste again the peaches like the ones Corey's Aunt
Katherine grew in Farmington.   Mike and I will grow them.  And we will
make our own salsa and green chile sauce to put up, and we will barbeque
and eat well with as much chile as we want, cause we can grow it if we
don't buy it.  And we will work our way out into the country so that we
will have enough dark to see the stars like powdered sugar in the sky.

Just dreaming now.

Off to look at a house.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Love,
Cheryl

11:12 PM 1/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Glad things are going so well.  Maybe this is the year things get better,
>even if they never get right. We had a nice evening for New Years Eve but
>Goldie got sick, I think it was that celebrating she did before she left
>work.  We are going to Okla in late winter/early spring--or Spring.  Will
>nose around a bit for a winter property, I just am not going to spend any
>more winters here, enough is enough with no one around.  Mom is laid off the
>10th and in Feb, they are laying off 180 more.  Since they are moving one
>major production line to Canada, Mom is not likely to get called back for
>years but it hardly matters now.  To hell with it--we're retired.
>Love
>Dad

---