Re: [CH] OT, but: Global Warming & Extinctions

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:14:36 -0500

At 01:32 PM 1/6/2003 -0600, Mike Benson wrote:
> > >"These papers are the conclusive evidence that the natural world is
>already
> > >responding in a big way to climate change, even though that change
>has only
> > >just got going and there is a lot more to come," Dr. Fitter said.
> >
> > Major BS..  Climate change is the norm, not an exception.  Climate has
>been
> > warming since the end of the last ice age, 12,000 years ago.
> >
> > =Mark
>
>Man-made climate change is not the norm.  Man-made climate change in
>addition to "normal" climate change will increase the rate of change.
>Many species will die as they cannot adapt quickly enough to the
>changing environment.
>
>The only hope is the Elohim.  If we build the Raelian embassy for them,
>maybe they will come and help us stop the climate change, or just create
>a bunch of new species to repopulate the earth.

Backing away... slowly...

I'm sure Rael will have something to say about this...   :-)

=Mark

      @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @

Some people wish they could be like Moses
          And get their information from burning bushes
                   Well I tried but the neighbors complained - Josh Joplin