Re: [CH] World's hottest pepper--not the Red Savina?

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:33:50 -0500

At 10:25 AM 1/9/03 -0800, Craig Dremann wrote:
>Show me the HPLC testing and we'll see...
> >
> > "Doubting Jeff"
>
>Would you trust your own tongue?  Why do we need machines to tell us
>what the hottest pepper, when the purpose in the end is to eat them
>anyway?
>
>Sincerely,  Craig Dremann, Redwood City Seed Co.

If not done by machine, how did you arrive at the heat scale you use to
apply to the chile seeds sold on your site?  I checked out the Redwood City
Seed Co. website, and they list 17 different chiles that they claim (with
no documentation other than their own heat scale) to be hotter than the Red
Savina.  They also claim to have seeds to a "WHITE BULLET™ Habañero" which
they say is the hottest of the Habanero group.  From looking at the
pictures it would not seem even to be located in the cultivar
Chinense.  I've never seen a habanero or scotch bonnet that set it's fruit
vertically.  Finally, they incorrectly spell all their habaneros with a
tilde over the "n."

          @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @

               Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

                   Lying awake at night, Wondering if there is a Dog.