Re: [CH] Re: World's hottest ?

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:59:13 -0600

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> >From: Craig Dremann <craig@ecoseeds.com>
>
> >What
> >have anyone else found to be the hottest?
>
> The list has gone back and forth over this many times.
>
> - A

  First of all, I'm not directing this at Craig, or anyone else in particular.
In fact, I didn't take his post that way at all; it seemed like a genuine
inquiry.

  A point, if I may, for any corporate types that may be lurking here:  If you
spend any amount of time reading through the posts on this list (some of which
I'm told can be on topic, not that I pay attention...), you'll come to realize
that, in many cases, heat is secondary to flavor, or in the case of seeds,
germination rate / plant productivity and consistency.

  There are many (I'm assuming?) of us that would be more apt to try things
touted as juicier, or more flavorful than simply hotter.  That "Hottest" war /
debate certainly has it's niche market (or would that be a sub-niche market
here?); but I think we see more posts talking about appreciating the flavor of
things, and how well they blend with other foods.  Anyone can add some cap
extract to whatever, if they feel like it...

  Not that I'm soliciting list spam, mind you, that's another big turn-off for
most everyone here, I think.
  Those who deliver the goods without shoving them in our faces earn their well
deserved respect.

  What the heffs up with this "Cobaņero Mayan Love Pepper!"???

  Rael should be all over this one, but I don't recall him mentioning it...

--
Erich
C-H # 2099