Re: [CH] Hottest

Inagaddadavida (rael64@qwest.net)
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:47:40 -0700

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 03:43  PM, Byron wrote:

> Earlier this spring Dave Dewitt published a heat comparison  Chocolate
> habs
> were hotter than Red Savina.
>
> I've been saying that for 3 years.
> Not from tables or measuring devices
> I have a couple friends that saute Red Savina's in their breakfast
> eggs, use
> tobasco sauce for a gargle, The  chocolate habs were to hot for them.

I dunno.  I've gotten some choc. habs from a couple kind hearted
sources and while indeed hot momma chiles, they don't seem to be on par
w/the savinas.  Granted, as others have said, with which I agree, there
is the unavoidable thing known as Subjectivity which includes
Inconsistacy..ecy? shit..whatever...and it is EverPresent.

Tastes vary, even in the very same individual.  Brush your teeth and
eat a hab; then eat one 14 hours later (assuming you don't brush again)
and see if there's a difference.  Smoking.  Boose.  Health. Air you're
breathing.  A close friend.  Other flavors, etc.  ALL contribute to
what XXX tastes like at time XXX.  Suffice it to say that nothing ever
tastes exactly the same as it once did.  Some Food Metaphysics for ya.
This applies to "heat" too.

And then there' s growing/planting/etc. variables.  Being a non-farmboy
redneck (it happens), I don't know farm-speak, but I do know, as most
everyone has already said, that chile "heat" varies for various reasons
(V-word day), even from the same seed.  I've had blistering hot
serranos, and habs that didn't even say hello to me on the way down
(much less out).  Grew some pimentos one year and damned if the things
weren't decently hot (damned beautiful color when ground too)!
Pleasant surprise indeed.

But ain't it a good thing that nothing is *always* the same?  I'd hate
to know that All red savinas were X-hot (always); All Thai chiles were
Y-hot (always).  All Wimmenz were Z-hot (always).  Just no damned fun.
We'd get bored.  We'd get lazier and more apathetic as a society than
we already are (can't go that way much further, admittedly).  Life
would be The Same Day In Day Out.

BLAH!

Jump up and dance, brothers and sisters!  Life nor Heat of Chile is NOT
easy, guaranteed, nor any kind of farkin' Right To Be!  Be happy! Get
Laid!  Take out a loan and tell the bank to piss off when then want
their money back because We Know What Capitalism Really IS!  Wear
women's clothing (sorry ladies, not much fun for you wearing
men's...but go for it if you like!), fly to Thailand, and eat rice for
breakfast.  Then vote Green.  Bask in Difference! In Uniqueness! In
Purple thongs! (every man should experience that once...*then* tell yer
sweetie to put one on...).

Jala-loooya, baby!  I ain't like YOU!

(and if we're speaking "averages", well, jeez, how boring....)

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...bastard at the coffee shop gave me a *caffinated* (2x shot)
latte...we're ALL JUNKIES..."64

"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."    -
Bertrand Russell --