Re: [CH] Votes for any pepper hotter than Red Savina?

Hobby Farmer (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:00:41 -0500

bradley ellis wrote:

> Looks like my fam and I will be moving to bigger place just
 > a few minutes from current place. Upside: bigger place. Downside:
> yard is all hilly and filled with trees and frequented by deer
 > and rabbits. Have to leave behind my nice raised bed garden that
 > I managed to squeeze 36 pepper plants and 4 tomato plants into.
 > Guess I'll have to learn container gardening.

Brad;

You might be pleasantly surprized to find how well chiles do in the
shade of your trees.  Some of my best chile plants grow between my barn
and an old Elm tree, shaded except for about 4 hours a day.  I do have
to keep them watered and add stall cleanings spring and fall though, as
the tree seems to strip the soil of nutrients and moisture.

Trees, deer and rabbits beat pavement any day....

Hobby Farmer