(no subject)

Margaret Lauterbach (melauter@earthlink.net)
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:42:59 -0700

I think this garlic water systemic aphid killer has a lot of merit.  Would
it kill ladybugs?  I doubt it.  They don't eat plant material, and I
haven't seen or heard of them eating dead aphids.  The mature bugs don't
eat many if any aphids anyway.  Their larvae do.  Do you know what those
guys look like?  A tiny orange and matte black alligator, about 1/4 of an
inch long.  They're larger than the adults.
Margaret Lauterbach

From: "Larry Dinkoff" <Larry.Dinkoff@verizon.net>
Subject: [CH] Re: Garlic cures aphids in two days

It was mentioned that the garlic cure not only takes care of the aphids,
but also kills beneficial insects such as ladybugs.

Considering the fact that an average ladybug can eat 5,000 aphids in its
lifetime, why would you want to kill the ladybugs?

I release ladybugs into my garden every year, and I never have a problem
with aphids, or several other nasty beasties either.

Just my opinion

Larry Dinkoff