Re: [CH] Vitamin C and Chiles

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:21:04 -0600

At 02:25 PM 1/12/2003 -0800, RisaG wrote:
>In the latest issue of Cooking Light, there is an
>article about colds and the use of Vitamin C and
>specific foods to fight the cold.
>
>In it is a picture of chiles and under it it says
>"Fresh, uncooked green chiles contain eight times more
>Vitamin C than citrus fruits, and just one teaspoon of
>red chile sauce fulfills daily vitamin A requirement."
>

>Like we didn't know that!!!
>
>Anyway, thought I would mention it. Always great when
>chiles get good press!

Oh, sure. Tell the world. Now all the health nuts and do-gooders and the
politically correct will be eating chilies. And causing the prices to rise.
See what they've done to us!!!!        <ggg>

Or to quote Jay Leno - "Crunch all you want. We'll make more!"

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!