Re: Belize [Re: [CH] Habanero Pronunciation]

Jeff Thompson (jeffthompson@mac.com)
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:00:07 -0600

I'll second that! I think that would also help newbies on the list as well. Nothing against the list participants, but when a newbie posts a message and, out of ignorance, asks a question to which the answer is widely known, there are a lot of "hey dumbass" type responses, which might be avoided if a FAQ were available. Then again they might just get a bunch of "Read the FAQ Dumbass" responses, but that's better that 100+ emails on the proper Pronunciation of Habanero.

I also think the FAQ should contain a section on "sensitive subject best avoided by the newbie" (e.g. trading/selling Red Savina seeds, heatless Jalapeños, and the recreational usages of salsa).

Isn’t it the point of this list server is to allow those interested in peppers to share their experiences? Not to flame those less knowledgeable than ourselves and exclude them from our little clique.

If the list moderator so wishes, I will offer to ASSIST in the authoring / editing of said FAQ (as long as those in the group who are more experienced than me are willing to contribute the content / knowledge to do so).