Re: [CH] why do fools fall in love

Inagaddadavida (rael64@qwest.net)
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:29:16 -0700

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 09:21  AM, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> We all know that it can be dangerous to meet people you find on the
> internet.  So it was yesterday, when I met a list member who shall go
> nameless, on my way home from work.  He gave me a sample from a pilot
> batch of a new sauce he's making, asking for my evaluation.
>
> So now I'm sitting in my cubicle snacking on crackers with cold pork
> chop and cheese slices, repeatedly dabbing this red hab sauce to
> evaluate it.  Gasp.  Hiss.
>
> (Very similar to my own red hab sauces, but there's something at the
> start that mellows the burn and gives some smooth mouth feel; after a
> half-minute it's all red hab.  Quite nice...)
>
> I feel like a moth battering against a light bulb.  That is to say, I
> think I know why they do it.  Sure, they're built to navigate by
> sighting the moon along the leading edge of a wing, and because of
> parallax, a closer source of light will make them spiral in.  But come
> on, after the first smack they must know that's not the moon.  No,
> there's something else at play here, making them keep coming back.

Ah Grasshopper...you are now nibbling upon the thigh of Mother S&M.
Tis indeed as I have always Writ, that Pain and Pleasure are but the
same.  We all love the Heat, bow down before El Grande's Magnanimous
yet Merciless Self and accept the Capsaicin Thrashing meted out,
gladly.  The stigma we fear is too much to bear, but We know, deep down
in the Core of our Souls, that the Mark of El Grande is one of
Strength, and Devotion, as well as Understanding.  We Endure.

Now let's all rub leathered parts together! I'm first on the whipping
post!

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64

"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."
                              - Bertrand Russell -