Re: [CH] FAQ - Recipies ?

AndyB (quark@erols.com)
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:06:58 -0500

Brent Thompson wrote:

> > Should Chile recipes be included on the FAQ site ?
>
> This is purely a matter of site-owner's choice.

No, it is not.
I have solicited opinions as to whether this type of info should be on the FAQ. I plan to abide by the consensus of the list.

I have also solicited for a "committee" to review/approve the content.
Until I get such endorsement, I will keep the site "Unofficial".

So far yours is the only negative reply from the list regarding recipes.
I have already received several positive replies.
As I said in previous emails, I would not choose the recipes,
rather, I let the list select.

> This FAQ discussion has been about an 'official' chile-heads FAQ which,
> until reappearance of the chile-heads web site, would have to be at some
> temporary site (and might forever remain at more sites than just the
> chile-heads web site).
>
> Including chile recipes in a chile-heads FAQ makes no sense, though it is
> imaginable that consensus might be to put pointers to several sites along
> with other clues to help readers find recipes they want, in answer to the
> possible question, "where can I find chile-related recipes?", if that is a
> frequently asked question.
>
> But other than the chile-heads FAQ itself, whatever else might be available
> from the same site as the chile-heads FAQ is unrelated, and irrelevant, to
> the chile-heads FAQ,

That is why, if you bothered to notice, I have made no tie-in/link to my personal website, nor does my name appear on the CHL FAQ part.  (My email does, in case someone has technical trouble with the page.)

> and is only a matter of preference by the owner of that site.

Again, as stated above, I completely disagree with you.
However, it is up to the collective list decision, and the moderator, whether we should have an "official site".  The content of any "official" site should be reviewed/approved in some manner -- independent of where it is placed.

In that regard, I am merely trying to get the ball rolling, and to collect some opinions.
I certainly have yours now.

>  ---   Brent

AndyB