Re: [CH] GardenWeb Hot Pepper Forum Reply

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 19:35:43 -0800

Byron won't admit it....but he is ALMOST as old as I am!! BIG :-)) But
not quite! All of us old geezers get problems, if not like By's others,
just as bad or worser! We are all mortal, and the events of this
morning, over Texas, point that out, big time. Let us all spend a moment
with whichever deity we admit to, with a prayer not only for the seven
who left in a blaze of glory, today, but the four who left us in
Afganistan a few days ago, when their chopper crashed. They died as
well, but as their passing was less spectacular, only their relatives,
friends and buddies will remember their passing. Not to diminish, in any
way the sacrifice of the seven this morning, but we would do well to
remember all of the service men and women, who leave us in the service
of their countries. As we, in Canada have a fairly large presence in the
  space program, I feel it only fitting that we remember all who have
left us, in the duty to our respective countries, beginning with the
three guys who died on the launch pad, so many years ago. Doug in BC