=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_[CH]_Jalape=F1o-Champion_Max_Sandlin?=

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:55:08 -0600

At 08:16 PM 2/2/2003 -0600, Rob Solarion wrote:
>Max Sandlin is our local Congressman.  Personally, I don't think 8
>jalapeņos in 5 minutes is anything to brag about.  But then, peons like I
>don't get invited to participate in these media events.  Happy Candlemas!
>Roberto
>
>*
>
>The Dallas Morning News, 2 February 2003
>By Todd J. Gillman
>
>Representative Max Sandlin, an East Texas Democrat, will defend his
>jalapeņo-eating title later this month in CHILE PEPPER MAGAZINE's second
>annual Zestiest Legislator Contest.  Last year, Mr. Sandlin consumed eight
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Apparently you have to be a Congresscritter to perticipate. Get elected to
the Thieve's Club and take the title.

>peppers in five minutes to beat lawmakers from 10 other jalapeņo-producing
>states.
>
>"I take seriously the competition to defend my title," Mr. Sandlin said.
>"Washington has been especially cold this winter, so I look forward to
>cozying up to many hot chile peppers."

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!