Re: [CH] Terroir in Chiles?

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:14:10 -0600

Mary-Anne Durkee wrote:

> You know Betsy, I love the bitterness of those tiny
> pea sized Thai Eggplants and bitter melon, so maybe I
> would like the Chocolate habs, but I hate the
> bitterness some green bell peppers have.  In fact our
> whole family will NOT eat green bell peppers.  We all
> prefer the fruity heat of ripe red peppers like
> Serranos, Thai Dragons, etc.

  So may we assume that you're ok with RED bell peppers?

  If you haven't ever tried growing Gypsies, I highly recommend them.
I've had a couple of neighbors over the years respond almost with
amazement at how much they enjoyed a nice ripe, red gypsy.  They make
even the sweetest red bell almost taste a little bitter (IMHO, of
course, YMMV, and other little e-breviations)  I ALWAYS plant at least a
couple of them each year, since we give away more than we use ourselves.