Re: [CH] Purira plant overwintered

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:59:43 -0500

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 07:16  PM, Frank J. Hashek wrote:

> Potted one of the Purira plants I bought from Susan Byers last spring.
> brought it in this winter, gave it a slight trim and left it near an
> east
> window.  Blessings from El Grande!!!  It has been blossoming profusely
> and
> has now set about 6 peppers.  This has never happened when I've tried
> overwinter plants.  Most have weakened ond few have made it to the
> following
> spring's garden.

That's really cool!  Since it was looking lonely and thirsty, I took
the Black Cuban she had there.  It was really pretty foliage-wise as
well, so I thought it would make a nice office plant.

It's a tough little bugger.  Not thriving like yours, but it's had a
massive and uncontrollable aphid infection for several months.  It gets
a daily soap bath, but I still can't keep up with the things.  However,
it's still alive, if a little less happy-looking.  I'm hoping that as
the days grow longer and it gets more sun it'll be better able to fight
them off.  Together we'll reach victory over the aphids!

Chad A Gard
INCHASE: <http://www.inchase.org>
PercussionAdvocates: <http://www.percussionadvocates.com>