Raphida? [CH] Purira plant overwintered

Mary-Anne Durkee (shantihhh@yahoo.com)
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:08:50 -0800 (PST)

I highly recommend using Neem!  This is an organic
spray made from the Neem tree, native to Inidia.  It
is not a contact killer, so you spray weekly for 2 or
3 weeks and they will be gone!  Same with spider mites
and white flies, etc.

It is a miticide, fungicide, insecticide.  Spray after
sun down so as not to hurt the pollinating friends.
I buy the concentrate by Scvhultz at Wally World.  Or
if you want to pay more you can buy it at a nursery
under the Green Light brand under the Rose Defense
Label.  They have a couple of labels but it is the
same stuff.  (70% and 90%)

This can be sprayed up to the day of harvest.  Neem is
used in toothpaste.  In fact in India they use a twig
from the tree as a tooth brush!  Avon uses it face
creams, there are many uses in Ayrevedya Medicine as
well.

If you want more info write off list and I'll direct
you to sites.  I first discovered this in Inida 15
years ago.  Neem rings/pellets are used in the Tea
Plamtations in Assam and Darjeeling!

Mary-Anne