Re: [CH] OT - more spam lately?

Marc Winterburn (marcw@iinet.net.au)
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 01:00:34 +0800

    just after I sent my email Andy's came in, great minds and all that.
Kind regards
Marc Winterburn
The Oz Chilli Man
----- Original Message -----
From: AndyB <quark@erols.com>
To: Alex Silbajoris <asilbajo@hotmail.com>
Cc: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 12:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] OT - more spam lately?

> Alex & others,
>
> I have been using Mailwasher for some time.  It "bounces" SPAM back into
the face of the sender. I get to define what is SPAM and/or friends - by use
of filters, blacklists and whitelists.

> It works by going out to my mail, pre-filtering and returning the results
for my inspection (and possible override and/or criteria modification).
Then it will bounce and delete what I consider to be SPAM. I then use my
favorite mail reader as normal.

> After a few months of use, I've noticed a sharp decrease in the amount of
incident SPAM. Now, I typically only get 2-3 a day!

> Mailwasher is freeware:  http://www.mailwasher.net
>
> AndyB
>
> Alex Silbajoris wrote:
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone else here is getting this - in the last week,
I've
> > been receiving at least 20 spams per day offering drunk nasty college
girls,
> > etc.
> >
> > It makes me wonder if they got my address here, and if other list
members
> > have seen a similar sudden recent increase.
> >
> > It also makes me want to set up a fake site.  Imagine something like I
GOT