Chile spread and RE: [CH] OT - more spam lately?

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:49:32 -0800

Yup.  The From address is almost always forged.  A bounce goes to an
innocent person/company.  If you notice a decrease in spam it's probably due
to the blacklist feature.

Dan's ISP probably uses SpamAssassin, which I use on my mail server.  Works
great.  Also works with most unix based mail clients, and I thing there are
commercial/free versions for LookOut and Eudora.  See
http://www.spamassassin.org/.  Thing about SpamAssassin is out of the box it
tags spam and sends it through so you can use your mailer's filters and just
check occasionally for false positives.  One can optionally configure it to
discard spam.  Dangerous for a business or for critical email, though.

More on topic if you want a very tasty 'healthy fat' spread--Von's/Safeway
around here (SoCal) has a Veggie Cream Cheese made from soy by Galaxy
Nutritional Foods.  Mix it half and half with spicy Dijon (if you have a
Trader Joe's that's what we use).  Add your favorite chile powder, salt and
pepper to taste.  Optionally some ricotta cheese is good.  Blend by hand
until smooth.  Great dip and spread.  Keeps a few days in the fridge.

Hot regards,

Riley