Re: [CH] Debate at Our House

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:38:12 -0500

At 10:18 PM 2/14/2003 -0600, Dave Drum wrote:
>At 07:35 PM 2/14/2003 -0800, xtremely.fast wrote:
>>Not trying to talk down to anyone, please understand but you did know that
>>Tobasco is now making a Tobasco Brand Habenero Sauce?  I wasn't aware of it
>>myself till I toured the plant a few months back.
>>
>>Eddie
>
>Have they gone into competition with Tabasco??? I've tried all of
>Tabasco's stuff and it mostly puts me right off with that nasty sour
>vinegar taste. There are *much* better sauces out there with much nicer
>flavours - CaJohn's line comes to mind. Or Right Rev. J. Campbell's Mild
>to Wild products just to name a couple of list members.

As far as I know Tabasco is not in competition with Tabasco, don't really
know how they could be.  As to the flavor, I could never understand the
negative reaction to vinegar on this list.  I personally like vinegar and
have at least half a dozen varieties of vinegar in my cupboard.  I don't
mind the taste in hot sauce, but as far as cayenne type hot sauces I prefer
Tapatio brand as it has better flavor, more heat and is half the price.

Tabasco has been making a habanero sauce for going on 5 years now, it is
actually finding an establishment that carries that variety that is
daunting.  They also produce a chipotle sauce as well.  Both the Chipotle
and habanero Tabasco sauces are surprisingly good, I've got bottles of each.

=Mark

"A woman drove me to drink, and I never took the time to thank her."

                                                                                -
W. C. Fields'