Re: [CH] dehydrated chili

Hobby Farmer (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:24:01 -0500

Hi, group;

I've had my Little Chief for over 20 years now and it just keeps going.
  When I am making chipotles, after the smoking phase, I lift the lid
and set it back on a little askew.  This seems to speed the drying
process quite a bit.

Every summer we buy a grocery sack of pecans.  We save the shells and
mix them with hickory shavings.  Makes a wonderful flavored smoke.  We
run the apple tree trimmings through the chipper and use them, too.

Apple smoke some habaneros and Red Savinas, then don't wash the racks
before you smoke up a few fall run steelheads (18 pound rainbow trout
from Lake Michigan).  Hot fish!

Hobby Farmer