Re: [CH] Yatsafusa vs. Japones vs. de Arbol

Beth (beth@bayoutraders.com)
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:02:54 -0600

I have to say that I favor the de Arbol.  I am fond of the pod flavor
and heat, especially for Mexican cuisine.  There are Mexican snack
sauces where the de Arbol is used and I really like them, best on pork
skins. I have yet to mimic it though.   Any ideas/recipes?

At one time, I had a de Arbol started from seed from a market pod.  It
grew to a 8'+ tree, I had pruned the "sucker" regularly along the stem.
It had a gorgeous canapy and was quite the sight to see it over the
fence with it's ripening pods.  It lived 3 years in the garden, I had to
wack it when the quality of the fruit went down. So sad.

Only one person's opinion - the de Arbol.

Beth in Texas