Re: [CH] Moderation

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@value.net.nz)
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:44:27 +1300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jose Cisneros" <jcisn@novagate.com>

> And who are we defending ourselves from?
> Those brave souls that eat chile until they are a sweating, hiccuping,
> flame-throwing mass of flesh?
> I certainly don't feel any less a chile-head because I don't do that.
>
> In cultures where the habit of eating chile goes back hundreds years
> how much heat you can eat isn't an issue except maybe to teenage boys.

Hi All
 I think that post from Jose is all that needs to be said on the subject.
Whereas my old gamekeeper mentor always told me that minus head and feet.
The only difference between a cat and a rabbit was the position of the
kidneys. I never bothered to check Yuck :-)

OT. Not such a big garden this year Ripening fruit as follows. Rocoto
(heaps). Siberian Indoor (outdoors Miss Dewi)
Red Habenero, Rawit 3 year old (Rob) Magaskrga (Paul) Pubelo (Paul)Turkish
Cayenne (Paul).
One mystery I would like some info about. Among the Turkish Cayenne is a
plant that remained prostrate and the fruit is bright yellow. Quite hot as I
tried one in tonight's curry.
Any ideas ??
After a long dry spell, a 3 day rain  and wind left the garden covered in
leaves from the neighbour's Poplar tree and a warm still misty morning gave
quite an autumnal look to the garden this morning. So take heart up north
spring will not be far away.

Cheers

Tony Flynn
Mourning the loss of the America's Cup (5 Zip boo hoo)

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand