Re: which grow best in the woods? (was Re: [CH] Which Grow Best In Pots?)

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:44:10 -0500

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 07:36  AM, Love2Troll wrote:

> Chad,
>
> The best for low light in my experience are Rocotos, Thai Hot & Super
> Chili.  Surprisingly, every variety that I have tried will do pretty
> well with only a couple of hours direct sun.  This will be my first
> year for C. baccatum (thank you, Beth) so can't comment about them.
>
> Last year I had a Tepin and a Malagueta Pimenta that were almost
> completely denuded by hornworms so I put them out of the way against
> the north wall of my house and forgot about them.  A couple of months
> later they were absolutely loaded with pods.

Ah!  I love Thai Hots.  They're a staple food for me.  'Course, they
dry really really well, and grind into powder well, which is helpful.
So, with Thai Hots perhaps from some of my dried pods from the fields
and Scott's "KT" peppers (hmmmm...  Change the acronym to "Knobstone
Trail" perhaps - would be more hoosier-appropriate.  Then I could eat
KT's on the KT!).  That's 2 buckets down.   I might buy a Rocoto
seedling from Susan, perhaps.  Maybe I could try a Paprika from her as
well....

OK, 1 bucket left.  Suggestions?

Chad A Gard
INCHASE: <http://www.inchase.org>