Re: which grow best in the woods? (was Re: [CH] Which Grow Best In Pots?)

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:36:43 -0600

> OK, someone with experience growing with limited light...  Which
peppers would grow best (or least poorly) in a heavily shaded, very

Chad,

The best for low light in my experience are Rocotos, Thai Hot & Super Chili.  Surprisingly, every variety that I have tried will do pretty well with only a couple of hours direct sun.  This will be my first year for C. baccatum (thank you, Beth) so can't comment about them.

Last year I had a Tepin and a Malagueta Pimenta that were almost completely denuded by hornworms so I put them out of the way against the north wall of my house and forgot about them.  A couple of months later they were absolutely loaded with pods.

JohnT