[CH] Re: Growing in Pots

Rob Lusk (rlusk@dslextreme.com)
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:13:57 -0800

RisaG wrote:

>Of the following, which would do best in the pots?

>Lemon Drop
>Orange Thai
>Orange Serrano
>Guam Boonie
>Fish pepper
>Yellow Mushroom
>Stripe Peppers
>Orange Devil Habanero
>Piquillo
>Ring of Fire*
>Spanish Spice
>Little Nubian

Hello Risa.
I'm sorry this is so late, I've been trying to catch up with 2 months of
CH-archives.

I have grown all types of Thais with great sucess in pots of almost any
size. Serranos grow very well in pots but tend to get a bit leggy.  You're
right about the habaneros.
It's been my expierence that they will grow in large pots only
(14"-16" across, 24" deep). Planting habs in small pots usually results in
very stunted plants that yeild pea sized chiles.  I've also had great sucess
with rocotos, Wax peppers, jalapenos, pequins and tepins.

CH-eers,
Rob Lusk
http://www.PepperFool.com