RE: [CH] Why different formats?

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:47:33 -0600

At 02:03 PM 3/26/2003 -0600, PBurke@mpi.mb.ca wrote:

><delurk>
>
>if I remember correctly....this has nothing to do with VCR's at
>all...this is because of the formats established with televisions long
>before there was such a thing as vcr's  - beta, vhs or otherwise. Also I
>believe there are 3 formats available...Pal, NTSC and SECAM....the
>formats were created first with televisions and then they had to be
>adapted by the tape format manufactures....

I forgot about SECAM... France's monument to Gallic intransigence and not
being able to play and interact well with others. French Tee Vees and video
devices use SECAM. North America and Japan use NTSC. The rest of the world
uses PAL. So we're all out of step except Jaques Chirac's bunch.  <GGG>

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is a double-edged sword.
It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the
drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and
the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of
the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blided by
patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly
so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caeser."

- Julius Caeser