Re: [CH] 20 Chile meal in Toronto

Gary Bellinger (yesgaz@itcanada.com)
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:29:28 -0500

I'm reading that article right now Linda. I love the line there "Ever had a
meal so hot you literally blew fire?" Its good that they included the pic of
the guy blowing fire even if it is a lot smaller than the print version.

This Salad King restaurant sounds like something to try out. Is the Hot &
Spicy Food Festival on again for this year down at Harbourfront. Kind of
funny in the article the writer mentions that he has water pitchers sitting
just steps away. Lot of good they will do. That 20-chile meal sure does
sound en-Thai-cing!

Gary

----- Original Message -----
From: <LiPant@aol.com>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 9:56 AM
Subject: [CH] 20 Chile meal in Toronto

> The Toronto Star's food section today was entitled "Am I hot or not?!"
They gave a description of searching for heat in our black pepper city, and
one Thai restaurant called (interestingly) Salad King that serves a 20 chile
meal.  Here is the link, I was going to paste in the article but the
pictures are pretty cute too.

> Good place for a CH meeting!

http://torontostar.ca/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Articl
e_Type1&c=Article&cid=1035780232806&call_pageid=968867496431&col=96904886783
9