Re: [CH] disappearing varieties

Marc Winterburn (marcw@iinet.net.au)
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:33:02 +0800

Hi All, Life goes on the clean up continues. I am now planting winter
veggies with the exception of beans and corn which I am planting in hope.
Next season I intend growing early chillies by putting my rows under cloches
to start them. It would be fairly easy to leave whole rows under protective
covers to impede X pollination. Check out the pictures on this page
http://www.allsun.com.au/GardenClip.html   .In the bottom two pictures  the
product called geo 20 is very similar to the type that I have tested for two
years now with good results. Mind you its not fire proof. Weather today is a
mild 29 C. More rain forecast for Tuesday Wednesday when the tail of Cyclone
Inigo starts to clip us.  http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60281.shtml  Its
still about 2800 kms nth of us but the rains get pushed down by the jet
streams and hopefully whammo full rain tanks.
On the seed saving note Dave if there are any particular lines you wish
saved contact me and I will gladly devote a covered row to them. I can even
easily segregate sections of the row to different types.
Does anyone have a hot giant jalapeno, does such a thing exist?
Planning for the smokehouse construction is well under way as are the house
plans for the new block across the road. WE are building a pole house about
12' up in the air to catch those elusive sea breezes called "The Fremantle
Doctor". Living 20 miles from the coast they tend to get pushed up over the
top of us and its amazing how much cooler the sea breezes are when standing
on the shed roof. But my deck chair keeps sliding over the edge and my drink
gets spilt.
Kind Regards
Marc Winterburn