RE: [CH] Health hurts V8 #677

PITCAIRN, Gordon (pitcairng@npdc.govt.nz)
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:46:04 +1200

hey Cameron...yeah, just the name, no connection apparently, but my clan is a dying breed!!!
Growing conditions in my part of New Zealand are pretty good once the warm weather kicks in, I have been growing mainly in pots and plastic bags due to the limited size of my current garden, but am shifting to a new house in a couple of weeks where i have a 1/4 acre of good volcanic soil to play with...
growing mainly Habs, Wildfire, cayennes etc at the moment due to space restrictions, but have just taken possession of about 30 different varieties of seed Ill cover my property with next season.
Thats me...
What about yourself???

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Begg [mailto:begg@ceof.ohio-state.edu]
Sent: Friday, 11 April 2003 12:55 a.m.
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Cc: asilbajo@hotmail.com; matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu; PITCAIRN, Gordon
Subject: Re: [CH] Health hurts V8 #677

Hi C-H's,

>Now who shall grace my breakfast toast,
>With Scovilles, for my tongue to roast?
>Or who will well my eyes with tears,
>So well-deserved?
>The pain of joy swells in me most
>Since Habbie's served.

Very good Alex. I like the pun on "habbie".

>(look up "standard habbie" in yahoo to see the original)

You're not talking to me right?  :-)

Matt wrote:
>Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:45:40 -0400
>From: "T. Matthew Evans" <>
>Subject: [CH] Chapeu de Frade, Redux

They are not hot and interesting to me only for their unusual shape.
You will often see this pod shape approximated in C. chinense -
particularly red savinas.

Welcome to the list Gordon. I trust your only connection to the now
infamous island is your last name? Tell us what your growing
conditions are like.

--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.