RE: [CH] Soup's on

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:49:34 -0500

Probably depends where you got the Jalapenos (maybe even if they had a ~
<G>).  I've that supermarket jalapenos have heat that varies from
respectable to near zero.  The jalapenos from the local Mom & Pop Mexican
are more consistant in their heat level.
Blue skies and hot chiles,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Helen L. Gillis
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 7:25 PM
To: Chile-Heads
Subject: [CH] Soup's on

Last night I made my mother's recipe for Cream of Jalapeno Soup.  I made it
with 4 jalapenos, and 3 roasted poblanos.  I've made the recipe a couple of
times & it's alwasys been a nice medium heat - a little cream, topped with
bacon bits.  You know - good for a rainy spring night.  I cannot BELIEVE how
hot this turned out.  Dan got the hiccups!  I think the cuprit was one of
the poblanos which had no seed pod on the inside - only 3 seeds on one vein.
Does anyone think this mutant could have made everything so unnaturally
hot???  My other idea is that I kept the peppers in a plastic bag on the
kitchen table for a couple of days.  Wadda ya think???
Helen