Re: [CH] Tabasco sent to the troops in Iraq

Mark McHugh (mt_mchugh@internet-stat.net)
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:13:36 -0500

bill jernigan wrote:

> At 04:48 PM 4/10/03 -0600, VoodooChile wrote:
>
> >>Thought you guys would be interested in seeing it,
> >>even though some of us don't like Tabasco all that
> >>much, some hate it. At least Tabasco is doing their
> >>part to spice up the soldiers food!
> >
> >It's called marketing. McDs would send over their trash gratis too if
> >someone would pay for the transportation...
>
> actually, tabasco has been active in covering the taste of army rations for
> at least mumblty-five years, when i was in the service...

I used to carry a bottle of Louisiana Bull and Tabasco in one of my ammo
pouches.  I almost came to tears once when a clumsy 2LT (yes, a butter-fingered
butterbar) dropped a nearly full bottle and shattered it.

I was in the Army during the transition years from C-rats to MREs.  I preferred
the C-rats because those first-generation MREs were dehydrated nastiness, though
I did like the ham loaf on hardtack with hot sauce.

--
´´
Mark McHugh