Re: [CH] Biggest Jalapeno?

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:42:18 -0500

At 01:08 AM 4/21/2003 +1000, Mark Ellis - Artisansrus.com wrote:
>G'day All,
>
>I am trying to work out what the largest Jalapeno variety is and to try and
>chase down some seed.
>
>Is it the Billy Biker?
>
>What is the heat level (out of 10) compared with the standard article?
>
>Thanks for the clues.

Biker Billy's are of good size and have more heat than "standard"
jalapenos. At least the ones I have experienced have those characteristics.
BB claims they are 2X as hot as a regular jalapeno. But, I've heard those
sort of claims before... and he _is_ acting as an huckster shilling for his
product.

Seed is available from W. Atlee Burpee - go to their web site and look...
www.burpee.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=647&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=biker+billy

WIll take you right to the Biker Billy page.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!