Re: [CH] Updated List

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:30:17 -0700 (PDT)

Matt, sounds like you will have some great harvest at
the end of the Summer!

The following are what I grew and none of them will be
in the ground or in pots outdoors until the end of
May, beginning of June:

2 Columbian (USDA packet)
3 Fish Pepper (swap w/Liz B - off C-H list)
2 Guam Boonie (Paul K)
2 Lemon Drop (Bowers, PA)
3 Orange Devil Habanero (Paul K)
4 Orange Serrano (Paul K)
4 Orange Thai (Bowers, PA  Meadowview Farms)
3 Piquillo (Dewi)
4 Ring of Fire (Deb Baker 2001)
1 Spanish Spice (Mary Anne D)
4 Stripe (swap w/Liz B)
3 Yellow Mushroom (Dewi)

15 of these plants will be in pots on the patio. The
others will be in my raised bed which should be ready
by the time I plant. I still have a lot of work to do
in the bed - tilling, weeding, and more top soil and
compost worked in. Hoping to get all this done 2nd
weekend in May. All other weekends are filled.

Should be an interesting and colorful harvest. I look
forward to trying all of these chiles in their fresh
state. I have only grown one of them before - Ring of
Fire. Paul K sent me Guam Boonie and Orange Serranos
so I know what they are supposed to look like and
taste like. I have never tried the Orange Devil,
Spanish Spice (which I know is mild), Stripe, Fish
Pepper or Yellow Mushroom before but I know what they
are supposed to look like from pictures on the web or
in catalogs.

Look forward to taste-testing each one. Yummy.

90% of the plants are between 4-7 inches in height
already. I have to transplant them into their very own
pots and then into the ground in about a month.
Otherwise they may die from the cold nights.

This is my update.

RisaG
--- "T. Matthew Evans" <matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu>