Re: [CH] Re: using a URL in a message

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sun, 04 May 2003 09:30:59 -0500

At 11:11 AM 5/4/2003 +0000, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

>>From: Dave Drum <xrated@ameritech.net>
>
>>Don't just click on the *blue* part of the URL or you'll get this.....
>>
>>Sorry, the page you have requested is not available
>
>If a URL wraps into several lines, I copy it line by line into the browser
>address bar.  I begin with the last part, then when I paste the next
>segment I hit Home first to put the cursor at the beginning of the string,
>and on until I've copied the first line (that is usually the only one
>shown as a link).

That's what I wound up doing. I suppose I was just so used to simply
clicking on the URL links that I didn't pay attention. And I sorta figured
I'd warn others from performing the same dumb move.

>I'm not sure why these links don't work as they are; it may be that the
>mail client inserts a line break that is illegal in a web address.

Eggs Ackley

>Ob chile:  I took a road trip yesterday and failed to bring my own pepper.
>I was eating a McDonald's breakfast and resorting to tearing open the tiny
>paper packs of stale black pepper, it was terrible.

I had a similar experience on Friday at a local cafe. Ran into friends and
when I peppered my food, found that it had no heat or flavour. So I whipped
out my trusty Uncle Steve's pocket shaker and applied some ground smoked
habanero. When my companions asked what I had - I replied, "Taste your
food. Do you taste any pepper flavour?" When both replied in the negative I
told them that I had found the same an was spicing up my food.

Heh, heh, heh. They went for it and demanded that I share. I *did* warn
them to go lightly on my precious powder. Naturally, they took that as a
signal to do the opposite.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!