Re: [CH] Jalapenos Stuffed With Chorizo And Cream Cheese

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Thu, 8 May 2003 04:41:21 -0700 (PDT)

Well, since we have some Chorizo in the fridge, I've GOT to try these
this weekend.

Ted

--- Richard Lee Holbert <oldag85tx@charter.net> wrote:
> Jalapenos Stuffed With Chorizo And Cream Cheese
>
>    1      tablespoon    vegetable oil
>    1      tablespoon    finely minced onion
>    1      clove         garlic -- finely minced
>    3      ounces        chorizo -- (Mexican sausage)
>    2      ounces        cream cheese -- softened
>    1      tablespoon    sour cream
>    1                    salt to taste
>   12                    jalapenos -- seeded, halved and
>                         -- deribbed
>
> Heat oil in a skillet and saute onion and garlic over medium heat 2-3
> minutes, until transparent.  Add chorizo and cook 5 minutes, breaking
> up
> meat with a fork as it cooks.  When fully cooked, remove skillet from
> heat
> and cool slightly, then stir in cheese and sour cream, season with
> salt and
> spoon into jalapenos; serve.
>

> "If things are better with age, I'm approaching magnificent!"

=====
Signal Corps:  -- http://www.civilwarsignal.org/
USMT -- http://www.unitedstatesmilitarytelegraph.org
Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing...