Re: [CH] El Yucateco Chipotle sauce

gregor@monmouth.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 15:54:33 -0400

 This is the brand that I tend to buy here in NYC. It's a little more
flavorful than say Bufalo but seems to be not as widely available
here in the local Mexican bodegas. It seems to be mostly
distributed to local and regional chain supermarkets. Could this be
the reason that no-one has replied in the past--that it isn't in a very
wide distribution yet?
 I know that when I moved from Minneapolis five years ago (where
El Yucateco's Habanero Sauces could be found everywhere due to
a large mexican immigrant population), I had a hard time tracking it
down anywhere here in the five boroughs--except at high-end "Hot
Sauce Emporiums" or Manhattan Gourmet Markets--and then at an
extremely insane mark-up. I love the stuff but couldn't justify the
US$5.00+ for a bottle. Now all of El Yucateco's habanero sauces
can be found most anywhere (except for maybe Manhattan's
"fashionable"--read yuppie white bread--neighborhoods where the
higher price still prevails) for a reasonable US$1.69 or so. El
Yucateco Chipotle Sauce seems to be a new comer to the
company's line and to it's distribution network here in NYC, where
it's still rare even in Latino neighborhoods.
 El Yucoteco's version of the sauce seems to have a bit less heat,
is a little thinner, and is noticebly sweeter than the Bufalo take on
the sauce, but I prefer it.  However, It doesn't seem have made
much of an impression on the Mexican/Latino market here in The
City.
 Of course, all bottled sauces pale when compared to real
homemade thing, but I'm preaching to the choir here.

On 10 May 2003, at 17:48, Robert A Reed wrote:

> Since nobody seems to want to reply
> I have tried the El Yuc Chipotle and condider it as
> The best commercially availably chipolte sauce there is
>
> I posted an almost identical message to yours a while back and did not
> receive a single responce

Bradley F. Maurer
NatCom Member and State Treasurer
The America First Party of New York
I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the
atmosphere."
--Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Adams, 1787