RE: [CH] Smoking chiles and dead animals

T. Matthew Evans (matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu)
Fri, 23 May 2003 09:17:46 -0400

Howdy, Frank --

I currently have a Chargriller (www.chargriller.com) that my wife gave me
for my 30th birthday a couple of years ago.  I am extremely happy with the
model I have -- a barrel smoker with an offset firebox.  I have smoked
everything you can imagine in this thing, and it holds a ton of food.  A
couple of weeks ago, I smoked two racks of ribs, 15 lbs. of pork butt, a
7-lb. chicken, 3 lbs. of sausage, and a half pound of habaneros at the same
time.  You might also consider googling the topic, as I know there are
several websites devoted to the subject.

To make an on-topic analogy, you can grow very good chiles with a few seeds,
a shovel, and watering can.  You can grow very many chiles with a tractor, a
greenhouse, and an irrigation system, but the chiles will not necessarily be
any better.

Matt

T. Matthew Evans
Geosystems Group, School of CEE