Re: [CH] Diazinon

jim wolfe (yoda@cablespeed.com)
Tue, 27 May 2003 21:07:05 -0400

it is not absorbed by the plant snf
it breaks down in just a few days of sunlight
from the label -
peppers can be picked ( commercially ) 1 day following application of
diazinon

so wait a day or two to pick and you will be fine.

if he was trying to kill ants, crickets, or termites, he should have
used dursban
that has a 5 day wait for use on pepper plants.

most insecticides work well with peppers because they wash off easy
and most insecticides are not absorbed by the root system

NOT TRUE for SYSTEMIC types of insecticides, these are absorbed by the
plant and kill the insects when they suck/chew on the plant..

jim